Wawa Holiday Plaza at City Hall at North Broad
North Broad St. & John F. Kennedy Blvd.
Date & Time
Date: 12/04/2019 - 01/01/2020
Time: 12:00 am - 12:00 am
The City of Philadelphia Official Philly Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration will take place on Wednesday, December 4th 5-7 p.m. Click below for more information.
Fun Facts about the Visit Philadelphia Holiday Tree powered by NRG
- •The custom steel base weighs over 30,000-pounds & represents 22 of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods and features a custom soundtrack.
- •The base was designed by David Korins Designs of New York, known for production design for Broadway hit Hamilton, Grease Live, Kanye West and festivals including Bonnaroo & Coachella.
- •The base was built by Proof Productions of Sewell, NJ, known for set design for Broadway hits, such as Aladdin, Frozen and Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
- •Korins created this original work of art that showcases Philadelphia’s skyline, neighborhoods and icons like Independence Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.
- •The tree is topped with a Liberty Bell.
- •Over 2,250 linear feet of lights are on the tree compliments of Kindy’s Christmas Factory Outlet of South Philadelphia.
- •The 50-foot .white fir tree, also known as an Abies concolor, is from Yule Tree Farm of New York and was transported by Sautter Crane of Northeast Philadelphia.
Experience the winter wonderland of City Hall with twinkling lights, shopping, attractions and more!