Philly Holiday Tree powered by NRG
City Hall at North Broad Street
Date & Time
November 24, 2017 - January 01, 2017
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Fun Facts about the Philly Holiday Tree powered by NRG
- The custom steel base weighs over 30,000-pounds & represents 22 of Philadelphia’s neighborhoods.
- The base was designed by David Korins Designs of New York. Known for production design for Broadway hit Hamilton, Grease Live, Kanye West and festivals including Bonnaroo & Coachella.
- Korins created this original work of art that showcases Philadelphia’s skyline, neighborhoods and icons like Independence Hall, the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Benjamin Franklin Bridge.
- The 65 foot tree is topped with a Liberty Bell and the decorations include bald eagles flying a banner across the tree that reads “Love” in languages from all over the world.
- Over 2,250 linear feet of lights are on the tree compliments of Kindy’s Christmas Factory Outlet of South Philadelphia.
- Over 50 custom decorations were provided by Proof Productions of Sewell, NJ.
- The tree is an Abies Concoler tree from New York and was harvested and transported by Sautter Crane of Northeast Philadelphia.
Experience the winter wonderland of City Hall with twinkling lights, shopping, dining and more! Check out Craft Hall Pop-Up Restaurant, here until December 23. Sip on hot cocktails, wines and local beers or indulge in the seasonally inspired food menu. Whether you choose to warm up in the beautifully decorated heated tent or get cozy by the fire you’ll enjoy great views of the Philly Holiday Tree!
Thank you to our sponsor NRG for powering the Philly Holiday Tree!
Relive the memories now!